You are here: Home Application Proof of fluency in English

Proof of fluency in English

Accepted as proof of fluency in English are the German Abitur, English as a first language or certificates of proficiency for English. Certificates of proficiency in English are usually the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the First Certificate (FCE) or the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).

The admission of excellent applicants who did not yet obtain such certificates is possible on a provisional basis, and these applicants will then be required to attend an English language course from Sprachlehrinstitut (SLI) of the University of Freiburg.